Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Go Away!


I don't have any other info on the artist known only as Lucia so I thought I'd use my remaining entries this week to send you to other neat places on the 'net that are classic-illustration related. Check in each day for a cool link then go away!

For starters, I found this great resource of old scanned ads at Duke University's Ad*Access website. "images and database information for over 7,000 advertisements printed in U.S. and Canadian newspapers and magazines between 1911 and 1955" is how the site describes its content and believe me, they ain't kiddin'!

I've only begun to wade through their collection ( I find the navigation a bit odd ) so I can't give you a thorough description of what you'll uncover. The collection of advertising comic strips has been particularly interesting to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment